The overarching goal in SWE is to stimulate women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders, expand the image of the engineering profession as a positive force in improving the quality of life, and demonstrate the value of diversity. With over 35,000 members in all 50 states and internationally, the friendships, connections, and opportunities are endless. Our chapter individually is run by a group of student officers, directors and committee members who are passionate about SWE. Events we host include general monthly meetings, professional development events, outreach events, community service, and coffee and donut mornings.
SWE COre values
- Integrity: We aspire to the highest level of ethical behavior as evidenced by honesty and dignity in our personal and professional relationships and responsibilities.
- Inclusive Environment: We embrace diversity in its broadest interpretation and commit to creating an inclusive environment for all our members and stakeholders. We value the contributions of a diverse membership, which enables SWE to achieve its full potential.
- Mutual Support: We provide an organization that fosters mentoring, and the development of professional and personal networks.
- Professional Excellence: We conduct our activities in a professional manner, demonstrating and demanding the highest standards of business practices.
- Trust: We share a common definition of success with open, transparent access to common information, building mutual respect and confidence in the competence of those with whom we lead, serve and partner with.